Latest posts by Dounia FILALI (see all)
- Measure your website’s audience with Google Analytics - 12 December 2018
- 4 Tips for optimizing your hotel’s Google My Business listing - 9 November 2018
- 5 Tips to improve your property’s ranking on OTAs & metasearch - 24 October 2018
Your Google My Business listing is a free and effective way of increasing your hotel’s visibility on the popular search engine, as long as it is managed properly. Here are 4 essential tips to follow in order to gain maximum profit from this tool that has become indispensable.
1. Have a validated listing
First, create your Google My Business listing or claim your property’s listing if it already exists.
Indeed, claiming ownership of your listing can be very beneficial for your property because it allows a better local SEO listing, to increase your credibility with potential customers and to redirect users to your website or to your social networks where they will find more information about you.
2. Provide accurate and complete information
Your Google My Business page is the Internet equivalent of a hotel’s reception. It is therefore important to include as much information as possible about your property, and ensure that it is accurate! Valid phone number and URL, accurate physical address, as well as information about services and equipment offered by your property are all essential elements for an effective “business listing”. Do not forget to update this information as soon as possible if there are ever any changes.
3. Reply to questions asked by online customers
Check your Google My Business account regularly to ensure that there are no questions left unanswered, or turn on the “Notifications” option offered by the service so that you are notified as soon as a customer asks for information.
Providing quick, professional, and accurate responses to your potential customers allows you to build a trustful relationship, and encourages them to stay at your hotel.
On a more technical level, this allows you to add relevant keywords to your listing, and thus improve your visibility.
You can also create your own FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions) by using the “Questions and Answers” section provided by Google My Business. This makes it easier for both you, and your customers, and at the same time allows you to expand your Business listing (see tip # 2).
4. Add photos and videos
Give a positive first impression to your future customers by carefully selecting the photos to be added to your Google My Business listing. Here are a few suggestions on how to make successful selections:
– Post photos of what makes your hotel unique. An appealing pool, a breathtaking view, a beautiful reception hall – anything that will make you stand out from your competitors.
– Use high quality photos: the best of shots can lose all their value if they are poorly pixelated.
– Take photos of rooms and their equipment from the best possible angle. At the end of the day, that’s where your customers will be spending the most significant part of their stay.
– Optimize your photos for SEO (Search Engine Optimization) by naming the files and adding Alt tags, once again for a better listing.
Do not use your hotel’s logo as presentation photos.
Now you know everything you need to create a successful Google My Business listing for your hotel. Now it’s your turn!